To configure the Mailbox servers in your organization, you can either use the Mailbox node in the Exchange Management Console (EMC) or the Set-MailboxServer cmdlet in the Exchange Management Shell.
Use the EMC to configure Mailbox server properties
1. In the console tree, select the forest you want, and then navigate to Server Configuration > Mailbox.
2. In the result pane, select the server you want to configure.
3. In the action pane, under the server name, click Properties.
4. On the General tab, you can view general information about the server:
§ Version This field displays the version of Exchange installed on the server.
§ Edition This field displays the Exchange Server edition. The edition is either Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition.
§ Role(s) This field displays the Exchange server roles installed on the server.
§ Product ID This field displays the product ID for the Exchange server. If you haven't yet entered the product key for the server, the product ID displayed is Unlicensed.
§ Modified This field displays the last date and time that a configuration change was made on this server.
5. On the System Settings tab, view the domain controller servers and global catalog servers. You can also enable an error reporting feature:
§ Domain controller servers being used by Exchange This read-only box displays a list of domain controller servers used by the Exchange server.
§ Global catalog servers being used by Exchange This read-only box displays a list of global catalog servers used by the Exchange server.
§ Automatically send fatal service error report to Microsoft Select this check box if you want to enable the error reporting feature and automatically send an error report to Microsoft in the event of a fatal error.
If you enable the error reporting feature, information about fatal service errors is sent to Microsoft over encrypted channels. The information is used to improve Microsoft products.
When this feature is enabled and the issue reported has a known solution, the server receives feedback from Microsoft. This feedback contains a link to information that may help resolve the problem.
6. On the Customer Feedback Options tab, you can enroll the selected server into the Customer Experience Improvement Program.